NPCS Annual Conference on 19 April 2018
We are pleased to invite you to the annual conference of the Netherlands Platform Complex Systems (NPCS). The conference will take place on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at Utrecht University (Cosmos, Victor J. Koningsberger Building, Budapestlaan 4a-b, 3584 CD Utrecht).
The Netherlands Platform Complex Systems (NPCS) aims to organise, structure and facilitate individuals interested or active in complexity science in complex systems in the Netherlands, and to promote education and societal and industrial use of complex systems tools and knowledge.
This year the programme will reflect the multidisciplinary character of complexity science, with tracks for science and applied topics. Applied topics also include an interactive poster session.
10.00 Welcome & Coffee
10.20 Opening: Profs. Erik van der Linden (chair NPCS) and Charlotte Hemelrijk (chair NPCS – research)
10.30 Keynote lecture:
Prof. dr. Bas Teusink (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
Simplicity in complexity: fitness as compass for steering biomolecular networks
11.15 Poster pitches
11:45 Applied interactive poster session & Poster session
13.30 Parallel tracks
- Dr. Isabele Salle (Utrecht University),
- Dr. Michael Mäs (Groningen University),
- Prof. dr. Floor Alkemade (Eindhoven University of Technology),
- Dr. Ralf Cox (Groningen University)
- Prof. dr. Arjen Doelman (Leiden University),
- Dr. Klaus Linkenkaer-Hansen (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam),
- Dr. Ingrid van de Leemput (Wageningen University & Research),
- Dr. Yael Artzy-Randrup (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
1) Health and complexity
- Prof. dr. Karien Stronks (University of Amsterdam) (presentation)
- Dr. Wilma Waterlander (University of Amsterdam)
- Msc Guido Veldhuis (TNO) (presentation)
2) Mobility and complexity
- Dr. Alfons Schaafsma (ProRail) & Msc Pieter-Jan Fioole (NS) (presentation)
- Msc Mark Dekker (Utrecht University) (presentation)
- Msc Rolf van Lieshout (Erasmus University Rotterdam) (presentation)
16.00 Keynote lecture:
Prof. dr. Stefano Battiston (University of Zurich)
The price of complexity in financial networks
We look forward to welcoming you on the 19th of April 2018!
On behalf of the NPCS Board, Prof. dr. Charlotte Hemelrijk (Chair NPCS Research Committee) & Dr. Ana Isabel Barros (Chair NPCS Society Committee)